THE BURRAWANG SCHOOL OF ARTS
HALLS, HIRE & MEMBERSHIP
The Burrawang School of Arts consists of three buildings:
- The original 1883 Oddfellows Hall, now known as the Middle Hall,
- The 1906 Library, known variously as the Doctor’s Rooms, Store Room or Gallery,
- The 1915 Dance Hall, now known as the Main Hall.
In 1991 the School of Arts was transferred from a Trusteeship to the Burrawang School of Arts Incorporated, and continues to be operated for the benefit of the community by a committee of enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers. Read about the history of the hall.
As well as being home to the annual Burrawang Ball, regular Morning Teas, Movie Nights, Trivia Nights and many other events, the School of Arts is frequently used as a venue for Weddings, Talks, Community Events and Memorial Services.
Membership of the School of Arts is open to all local residents for a fee of $10 p.a.
School of Arts committee:
- Annie Jones (President)
- Trevor Donovan (Vice President)
- Karen Ortado (Secretary)
- Jelica Stanic (Treasurer)
- Rob Bearlin
- Carolyn Boyd
- Dwight Dowda
- Lesley Hetherington
- Poss Keech
- Mandy Perrott
- Sandra Vaughan